Sunday, April 22, 2007

My best runs and new trainers

These numbers are taken from my Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS wristwatch.



Distance (m)Pace (mile/min)Average heartrate (bpm)Comment
3.107:32160Flat route in Warwick
4.737:43165Mostly flat route near Warwick (Old Milverton)
4.157:46177To Oliver's Battery sign and back


The work-run was done a couple of months back on my beat-up old Asics. I've got new shoes now (and bigger lungs).

I got 2 pairs of Reebok Premier Road Plus DMX III Stability Shoes from the Reebok shop at Bicester outlet village near Oxford. They claimed they were £70 reduced to £35, and they were included in a buy-one-get-one-half-price offer. So far they seem pretty comfortable, but they are definitely a road shoe. They're light and airy, which is good, but they don't provide much support on uneven surfaces.

No comments: