Sunday, June 15, 2008

Anyone for table tennis?

I've just ordered an outdoor table tennis table. I spent a couple of hours researching the options, mostly these in the £280-£375 price range:

  • BUTTERFLY Easyfold Outdoor Table Tennis Table
  • Cornilleau Hobby First Outdoor Rollaway Table Tennis Table
  • Cornilleau Sport 140 Outdoor Rollaway Table Tennis Table
  • KETTLER Stockholm Outdoor Table Tennis Table
  • Cornilleau Sport 240 Outdoor Rollaway Table Tennis Table

I managed to avoid going for the most expensive option, being reassured that all the Cornilleau tables are truly weather proof and have a 5 year guarantee on the playing surface (3 years for the rest of the frame).

I ordered the Hobby First from Millet Sports, priced £297.99. This is better than sweatband.com who want £325. This table comes with 4 bats, 6 balls and a cover.

I chose them over tabletennispro.co.uk who have the same list price because I should get up to 6% cashback from Millet Sports as I ordered via Quidco.com. They also accept American Express so that's another 1% cashback.

Hopefully it'll be here within a week or so - I can't wait.

No comments: